The weekend kicked off with a bit of a shock, with Katie Holmes filing for divorce from Tom Cruise. Thankfully there was better news to come from other celebs, like Alec Baldwin who tied the knot with Hilaria Thomas Saturday.
And that wasn’t all that was going down.
• Tying the Knot: Alec Baldwin and his blushing bride Hilaria Thomas married Saturday evening in New York City at the Basilica of St. Patrick’s Old Cathedral, in front of celeb guests like Tina Fey, Mariska Hargitay and Woody Allen. Meanwhile, Mick Jagger‘s daughter, Jade, also said “I do” to disc jockey Adrian Fillary Saturday at the Aynhoe Park Hotel near Banbury, Oxfordshire, England.
• TomKat Update: Just days after Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise split, sources close to the superstar couple told E! News that Scientology and Cruise’s mega successful career each played a part in the couple’s breakup. Holmes and Cruise have both been laying low since Holmes’ divorce filing, but Cruise was spotted taking off in a helicopter in Iceland—the first time he’s been seen publicly since news of the couple’s split broke Friday.
• Depp in Dublin? Following his split from longtime love Vanessa Paradis, Johnny Depp reportedly jet setted to Dublin and took time to relax. In reality, sources tell us that the Twitter sightings are “totally fake” and that Johnny has been busy filming The Lone Ranger in Utah.
• Rap-Off: Chris Brown alluded to his now infamous W.i.P. Nightclub brawl with Drake in a new freestyle track called, “Game Don’t Like,” in which he mentions Drake’s album Take Care, among other things.
• Cozying Up: Keira Knightley and Adam Levine were snapped holding hands and giggling while shooting a scene of Can A Song Save Your Life, a musical flick in which the duo plays a couple who move to New York City to pursue music careers.
• Box Office Surprise: Ted took home the top spot in this weekend’s box office, raking in $54.1 million, followed by Magic Mike at $39.2 million and Brave at $34 million.
• Standing Strong: John Travolta and wife Kelly Preston proved they’re sticking by each other in spite of Travolta’s recent string of allegations and lawsuits, showing up smiling together at private benefit screening Saturday in Florida.
• Sympathetic Tweets: Following the death of Rihanna‘s grandmother this week, Chris Brown headed to Twitter to give his condolences, tweeting, “Praying for family and the lost loved one. She was like my grandmother. Love you GRAN GRAN! RIP”
• Beyoncé Reins at BET Awards: Though the Whitney Houston tribute will surely leave everyone talking, it was Queen Bey who seemed to be at the center of the awards show (along with hubby Jay-Z, pal Kanye West and Kim Kardashian). Check out all of the winners here.