The Rolling Stones are back — again. The iconic English rock band unveiled dates Thursday for their summer 2020 stadium tour.
It’s a new year, a new decade & we’re thrilled to announce a brand new Rolling Stones NO FILTER 2020 USA/CA tour! 🎸🎉 🎸
— The Rolling Stones (@RollingStones) February 6, 2020
“I’m so sorry to all our fans in America & Canada with tickets,” Jagger tweeted at the time. “I really hate letting you down like this. I’m devastated for having to postpone the tour but I will be working very hard to be back on stage as soon as I can. Once again, huge apologies to everyone.”
In June, an energeticin Chicago to continue the tour. The 75-year-old showed no signs of ill health at the time, bringing his electric energy to every show with lead guitarist Keith Richards, 76, guitarist Ronnie Wood, 72, and drummer Charlie Watts, 78.
The band will continue its “No Filter” tour, which began in 2017, with a 15-city run in May 2020, starting with San Diego and ending in Atlanta.
“There’s something about the rhythm of hitting the road. It gets in your blood,” Jagger said in a promotional video for the upcoming tour. “Being on the road, you see a lot of the city. You meet a lot of people, you see old friends. It’s magical.”
Tickets go on sale February 14, but pre-sale codes will be available earlier that week.
- May 8: San Diego, SDCCU Stadium
- May 12: Vancouver, BC, BC Place
- May 16: Minneapolis, U.S. Bank Stadium
- May 20: Nashville, Nissan Stadium
- May 24: Austin, Circuit of The Americas
- May 29: Dallas, Cotton Bowl Stadium
- June 6: Buffalo, New Era Field
- June 10: Detroit, Ford Field
- June 14: Louisville, Cardinal Stadium
- June 19: Cleveland, FirstEnergy Stadium
- June 23: Pittsburgh, Heinz Field
- June 27: St. Louis, The Dome at America’s Center
- July 1: Charlotte, Bank of America Stadium
- July 5: Tampa, Raymond James Stadium
- July 9: Atlanta, Mercedes-Benz Stadium
BY SOPHIE LEWIS