According to a study by Common Sense Media, kids above the age of 8 spend an alarming 9 hrs a day online! With close to 8 hours of that being spent on personal sites/platforms (meaning, anything that’s not related to school work). Without knowing this stat, 60 per cent of surveyed Latino parents thought like their kids spend too much online, but other than taking their phones away, there wasn’t much they could do to control their internet usage without completely turning off their router.
But parents shouldn’t fret, Xfinity has them covered with xFi, (available at no extra cost to 10 million internet users) which allows you to individually control each person’s connection without affecting the others. So for example, a parent can easily set a timer so their teenage kids tablet can’t connect online past 10pm and stop the home’s computer from going on R-rated sites without affecting the connectivity of their own device. This all happens using a simple phone app or from their TV with voice commands.
This year, 86 percent of in-home broadband use will happen over Wi-Fi, and by 2020 Americans will have an average of 50 Wi-Fi connected devices in their homes. With this unprecedented level of Wi-Fi usage and ownership of mobile devices, consumers are looking for a more simple home network experience. With that in mind, Comcast just launched Xfinity xFi, a new and personalized Wi-Fi that will make your internet experience even better:1.Instant Setup: Simple, easy setup of Xfinity Internet service and home Wi-Fi
- Manage On Any Device: Take control with easy-to-use apps, the web, and X1 voice remote
- Name & Organize: See all connected devices and give nicknames for easy reference, you can also connect or disconnect any device you want at any time.
- Easy-To-Use Tools: Set parental controls and sleeping schedules for any of the devices on
the home’s Wi-Fi network (without affecting the other device’s connections).
- Who’s Using What: Create personal profiles and assign devices to individual family members.
- Pause With A Tap: Instantly pause Wi-Fi access on your home network, by device or user. You can also schedule this pauses to happen at the same time every day.
- Voice Control: Say “show me devices” into the X1 Voice Remote and see results right on your TV
- Monitor Activity: See who’s most active on your home network and when. You will also recevive text messages any time a new device connects
Other great features include: easy access to modify names and passwords, ability to receive text alerts for when new devices join your home network, troubleshoot Wi-Fi, and cloud management (see and control your home Wi-Fi network from anywhere).
All of this is now available to all 10 million Xfinity Internet customers with a compatible Xfinity WiFi device – the xFi Wireless Gateway or the xFi Advanced Gateway – at no extra charge.