The Latin Recording Academy announced today the nominees for the 18th annual Latin GRAMMY Awards, where DEBI NOVA received one nomination in the category of ‘Best Singer-Songwriter Album’ for her most recent production “Gran Ciudad.”
“Gran Ciudad” is DEBI NOVA’s third studio album. This record includes 11 songs and was recorded between Rio de Janeiro and Los Angeles under the production of Mario Caldato Jr (Beastie Boys and Jack Johnson’s producer) and a special collaboration by Sheila E and rapper Ila J. Debi describes this album as her most honest project as she captures her biggest dreams by moving to Los Angeles as a teenager.
“Thanks to the Academy for this nomination. It is an honor to be nominated in the category of singer-songwriter with colleagues that I admire so much. I want to thank the whole team at Sony Music, my management, Mario Caldato Jr and the incredible musicians who gave life to my songs “- DEBI NOVA
In 2014 the singer received a Latin GRAMMY nomination for Best Contemporary Pop Vocal Album for her second production, “SOY.”
The Latin Grammy awards will take place Thursday, November 16 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas and will broadcast live on Univision.
About Debi Nova
- Costa Rican singer songwriter, multi-instrumentalist and Latin Grammy nominee.
- Debut album ‘Luna Nueva’ (2010) produced by Gustavo Santaolalla and Marius Devries charted #5 on Billboard Dance Club Song & #25 Tropical Chart.
- ‘Soy’ (2014) was produced by Cachorro Lopez. And is her first 100% Spanish album. It received a Best Contemporary Pop Album Latin Grammy nomination.
- Debi’s musical collaborations include: Franco de Vita, Ricky Martin, Black Eyed Peas, Sergio Mendes and Enrique Iglesias.
- Awarded MTV Agent of Change recognition (2011), Premio lo Nuestro Nominee (2011).
- In 2013 she was the official voice of the Central American San José 2013 Sports Games, with the song “Arriba Arriba” and was also invited to participate in the TEDx Joven Pura Vida conference.
- Brand Associations & Partnerships: Kellogg’s, Colgate, Old Navy, Coca Cola, Quicksilver, Walmart, Colcafe, Claro, Alpina, Caress and McDonalds among others.
Leadership Projects: TEDx Speaker, United Nations Ambassador, Hispanic Heritage Awards, People en Español Mujeres Poderosas, and Central American Olympics.