Happy Friday’s eve! To celebrate that the weekend is almost here, I am happy to share that the hit maker, DJ Khaled is joined by the international superstar J Balvin on his podcast “The First One”.
Excerpts from episode two featuring J Balvin include:
- On how Blue Ivy Carter inspired “Mi Gente” remix discussions with Beyoncé: “The only thing heard throughout the house was ‘Mi Gente, Mi Gente’ because Blue was in love with the song and Beyoncé was always jamming to it and Jay Z was always jamming to it. So I said, if Beyoncé’s daughter loves it, why don’t she jump on the remix? The worst she can say is no, right?”
- On the elusive Drake: “The only guy that I haven’t met, man, what’s up. Never met him. Never in my life. And I’m his biggest fan. Drake! I DM you. I haven’t heard [from] you. I hit Scooter Braun. He’s my manager. We haven’t heard from you. We need you, bro.”
- On his biggest hit, “Mi Gente”: ‘When I was recording this song, I already knew it was going to be a global hit…I really felt it inside of me.”
- On his home country: “Now when we fly people out of our country and they ask where you from and you say ‘Colombia.’ Oh, that’s J Balvin. They don’t say Pablo [Escobar] any more. That makes me feel proud.”
- On Colombia’s most notorious man: “Pablo Escobar teached the world how not to do things.”
To hear the new episode on your Alexa-enabled device, simply ask “Alexa, play The First One podcast.” And for quick peek, watch the clip below from the episode (CREDIT: The SpringHill Company)