The Olympics are not only the largest sports competition, but an event that unites the world for 17 days. It is the world’s largest sporting event and Comcast NBC Universal offers viewers the opportunity to enjoy more than 6,000 hours of live content, On Demand and streaming of the 306 sporting events of the Olympic Games in Rio.
With that in mind, Comcast has designed a truly unique never seen before experience for all Latino fans. X1 customers will be able to navigate and discover the programming guide in Spanish and enjoy the opening ceremonies and closing ceremonies in the language of their choice.
Among other innovations offered by the X1 that all Latino customers can benefit from beginning in August and throughout the Olympic Games include:
- Voice Search: The X1 remote control provides viewers with one powerful tool to quickly and easily search, discover and navigate through the entire Olympic experience with just the sound of voice, for example if you do not remember the channel playing the Colombia match all you need to do is say “Colombia” to the X1 and it will guide you through and display all the information you need in Spanish.
- Primetime On Demand: Opening and closing ceremonies, every episode of the full NBC Primetime show as well as nightly Telemundo programs will be available the following day on Xfinity On Demand, with the flexibility to view the particular segments or the entire show.
- Front Row Access at Rio: Customers can access Front Row to Rio where you can browse and find customized content via the main menu including 650 hours of on-demand programming, 4,500 streaming content and it is all available in one place with Spanish navigation. This provides easy and instant access to the coverage of the Olympic Games in Rio, so you do not waste time browsing to find the Mexico match you’ve been waiting so long to watch.
- Favorites: With one simple voice command, “Show me my favorites,” viewers will have access to those athletes, teams and countries that are bookmarked as favorites thanks to the “For You” section from Xfinity On Demand. You’ll be able to access the biography of your favorite Argentinean athlete easily.
- X1 Sports Application For The Olympics: This application enables users to search and explore the latest medal counts, scores, live results and real-time stats for all events. Seamlessly integrated into the X1 experience, it will allow Latino customers to browse all live and online streamed programming schedules, tune into any event, or watch the latest highlights of their performances on demand.
Don’t miss a single moment of the Olympics. Take advantage of the innovative television experience that allows Comcast customers to bring them closer to their favorite teams and players and gives them instant access to all relevant Olympic Games wherever and whenever they want it.