Latest News Movies TV

Bad Boys 3 On Track According To Martin Lawrence Interview

Bad Boys 3 On Track According To Martin Lawrence Interview

Comedian/actor Martin Lawrence appeared on Conan today to promote his television series Partners, and dropped a big bomb – Bad Boys 3 might finally happen.

On Wednesday, Team Coco alerted us that Lawrence announced a third Bad Boys film with an e-mail featuring the subject line “CONAN: Martin Lawrence Announces ‘Bad Boys 3.’”

During the episode, Conan asked Martin Lawrence if a Bad Boys 3 will happen, to which Martin responded:

Conan asked Martin Lawrence if a Bad Boys 3 will happen, to which Martin responded:

“I believe so. Yes. I just talked to Jerry Bruckheimer yesterday and he said its real, they’re working on the script, they’re getting close and it all looks good.”

See the interview for yourself below (Bad Boys 3 talk begins at around 3:15).

So the movie has yet to be greenlit, but Lawrence believes it will happen. Thanks to Precyse_ for the exact quotes. The show aired Wednesday night and video will be online tomorrow at 5:30 am eastern time at this address.

In July, Lawrence publicly called upon his Bad Boys co-star Will Smith to make a third film happen:

Last we heardDavid Guggenheim (Safe House) was hired to write a script for Bad Boys 3, with the hope is that Will Smith and Martin Lawrence would sign to return. Novelist Peter Craig had previously worked on the threequel. At that time, Michael Bay wasn’t involved in the project, despite making the first two movies.

Producer Jerry Bruckheimer said in April that Bad Boys 3 was a victim of bad timing:

It’s so funny because we’ll get Sony real excited to make the movie, and then Will [Smith] is off doing two movies. And then, Will will come back and be real excited about it, and Sony will say, ‘Well, maybe it’s not the time for this.’ And then, Ride Along came out and was a big hit, and now they’re all excited to make the movie, but Will is off doing something else. It’s just trying to get everybody together to make it. But, we’re working on the script. We have a lot of faith and hope that we’ll do it.

Fans have been asking for a third Bad Boys film for a while now. At the 2008 MTV Movie Awards, Will Smith told Hollyscoop that he had an idea for Bad Boys 3, but added that “Michael (Bay) is too expensive now. He’s way too expensive.” And that is the big hurdle — getting the cash to bring back Will Smith, who has since exploded into a megastar, Bruckheimer, who never comes cheap, and Bay, who is now use to collecting percentages of toy merchandise Lucas-style. But now that Michael Bay may be passing the Transformers franchise to a new director with the inevitable fifth film, its possible he’s involved once again.

According to Wikipedia, he’s a published author known for his “darkly comic novels of imploding father-child relationships.” His novels include The Martini Shot, Hot Plastic, and Blood Father. As for Hollywood, he has been developing a few projects, mainly co-writing Ben Affleck’s The Town which begins shooting next month, and has been working on a live-action adaptation of the popular anime Cowboy Bebop for 20th Century Fox and Keanu Reeves. Oh, and he’s also the son of actress Sally Field.

 

 

by Peter Sciretta

Advertisement

Advertisement

ZayZay.Com Newsletter!

Be the first to hear,
first to see, first to win!

Don’t worry, we really hate spam.
Your email is safe. 🙂