Business, Civic, Sports, and Entertainment Leaders are Staging Extremely Rare
“Theater Take-Overs” Across the Nation
Hundreds of Sponsors are buying Tens of Thousands of Movie Tickets Benefitting Schools, Youth Orgs, Military Families, Churches, etc.
Celebrities, Leaders, Politicians Endorsing the Movie’s “Acts of Kindness”
Few movies have been able to take over an entire multiplex – every screen, every seat; only major blockbusters. But now an independent film, LITTLE BOY, is taking over entire multiplexes in 20 cities on Thursday April 23, before it opens in theaters nationwide April 24 (Open Road Films).
With support from celebrities, business leaders, sports stars, and others, multiplexes in 20 communities are playing LITTLE BOY on ALL their screens on the evening of April 23. “We’re excited to see this level of excitement around the movie,” says Elliot Slutzky, EVP of Distribution at Open Road Films. “We’ve confirmed many buyouts, takeovers and pre-sales for LITTLE BOY in theatres across the country. People are really passionate about this movie.”
Theater Takeovers (wherein EVERY screen in the multiplex is showing LITTLE BOY) are happening in Los Angeles, San Diego, Boston, Miami, Chicago, Dallas, Houston, San Antonio, Austin, Oklahoma City, New Orleans, Philadelphia, Colorado Springs and Connecticut.
Tickets are being sponsored for groups as diverse as AYSO, Big Brothers Big Sisters, military families, churches, schools and other non-profits, with the goal of generating “Acts of Kindness,” a central theme of LITTLE BOY.
Hundreds of sponsors are supporting the effort, including Business, Civic, Sports, and Entertainment Leaders (see quotes below).
In addition to entire Theater Take-Overs, LITTLE BOY events nationwide include:
• NY Times bestselling author Ken Blanchard is helping to sponsor 2,845 tickets for military families at Camp Pendleton, CA; Major League Baseball veteran Mike Sweeney of the Kansas City Royals is donating 1,000 tickets to Navy families through the military YMCA.
• American Youth Soccer League (AYSO) is holding 20 private premiere events.
• Big Brothers Big Sisters is also holding private premieres.
• 2000 tickets are being donated to Fundacion en Luz, which benefits teenage orphans that have arrived in the U.S. from Mexico.
• Events are being held in Honolulu, Aspen, New York City, Green Bay and other cities to raise money to assist refugees fleeing ISIS in Iraq.
• Many events will have card to promote acts of kindness, and the Templeton Foundation has partnered with UCLA’s Action Lab to build an application (actionlab.org/littleboy) to encourage Acts of Kindness.
LIST OF THEATER TAKE-OVERS (all screens in multiplex playing LITTLE BOY April 23):
Austin – Texas – Moviehouse & Eatery
Boston – Massachusetts – AMC Burlington Cinema 10
Chicago – Illinois – AMC Yorktown 18
Colorado Springs – Colorado – Regal Cinemas Interquest 14
Connecticut – Ridgefield Playhouse
Dallas – Texas – AMC Northpark 15
Houston – Texas – Edwards Houston Marq’E 23
Los Angeles – California – Muvico 14 Thousand Oaks, LA Live
Miami – Florida – Regal South Beach, Regal Oakwood 18, Cinepolis Coconut Grove
Oklahoma City – Oklahoma – Warren Theater
Philadelphia – Pennsylvania – UA Riverview Plaza 17, UA King of Prussia Stadium 16
San Antonio – Texas – Santikos Palladium At The Rim
San Diego – California – AMC Mission Valley 20 (April 22), AMC Otay Ranch, Regal Oceanside, Cinepolis La Costa, Cinepolis Del Mar
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING ABOUT LITTLE BOY:
“Beautiful. Such a powerful message!”
– Natalie Morales, Today Show
“This is the film you are going to want to bring your entire family to see! I love this movie!”
– Kathie Lee Gifford, Today Show
“A touchingly beautiful movie, propelled by the power of the human heart to believe.”
– U.S. News & World Report
“Deeply moving, utterly amazing.”
– Jewel, Singer
“Little Boy should win an Oscar.”
– Eva Longoria, Actress
“Such a winner.”
– Tony Bennett, Singer/Actor
“A new gold standard for family films.”
– Glenn Beck
“Little Boy is a BIG HIT”
– Times Square Gossip
“Life changing movie.”
– Rick Perry, Governor of Texas
“Little Boy should definitely be nominated for an Oscar.”
– Paulina Rubio, Singer/ Actress
“I would highly suggest you go see Little Boy.”
– Philip Rivers, QB of San Diego Chargers
“One of the most powerful movies I have ever seen. It overwhelmed me.”
– Mike Sweeney, MLB All-Star, Kansas City Royals
“Every person I know should see this movie. It’s the type of family movie that should be out there today that everyone should watch.”
– John Paul De Joria (co-founder Paul Mitchell hair products)
“An instant family classic that is utterly unique but reminiscent of films like E.T., Sound of Music and Life is Beautiful.”
– Mark Burnett, Producer of The Voice, Shark Tank, The Bible series
“You’re absolutely in for a treat! I cried, I laughed. A great cast, you’re going to love this film!”
– Dr. Jerry Johnson, President of National Religious Broadcasters (NRB)