Using their smartphones, movie fans can download film tracks in their language of preference, for an unprecedented multi-generational, bilingual family movie experience
myLINGO, a smartphone application created to bridge the gap between non-native speakers and the movies they love, will launch in the U.S. this Friday, March 28th with the highly-anticipated Cesar Chavez, offering a free audio track in Spanish for moviegoers.
Directed by Diego Luna, Cesar Chavez chronicles the birth of a modern American movement led by famed civil rights leader, labor organizer and American Latino hero Cesar Chavez. His triumphant journey is a remarkable testament to the power of one individual’s ability to change the system.
myLINGO is bringing together, for the first-time-ever, bilingual multi-generational families to enjoy an unprecedented movie experience. Thanks to myLINGO, English dominant Latino moviegoers can bring their Spanish dominant relatives to listen to Cesar Chavez in Spanish, while they watch it in English all at the same time, in the same movie theatre.
How to use myLINGO
With myLINGO, you can enjoy the movies in your native language, using your smartphone and headphones. In three simple steps:
STEP 1 Download the free app from your smartphone app store
– The app is currently available for iPhone and selected Android devices
STEP 2 Find and download the audio track of your preference
– Tap on the magnifying glass icon to search for audio dubs
– Find the audio track in your preferred language. The Cesar Chavez audio track in Spanish will appear on this screen
– Tap the Orange button to purchase and download the audio. This should be done on Wi-Fi and will take 2-3 minutes.
For a limited time, the Cesar Chavez audio track in Spanish is available for free download!
STEP 3 Synchronize the audio and enjoy the movie!
– Once at the movie theater, Access the library by tapping the “play” button on the main screen. Tap on the Cesar Chavez film to upload the audio.
– After the audio loads, make sure you remove your phone case, put it on airplane mode, put on your headphones, and adjust the volume.
– Once the trailers are over, and then movie starts, tap on “Go” to synchronize the audio. The audio will play once the sync is done. Remember to put your phone away.
CLICK HERE to see a tutorial video
To learn more about myLINGO and download the app, including theaters near you, please visit: www.myLINGOapp.com.
Co-founders Olenka and Adam Polak created myLINGO in 2012 with the intention of sharing the magic of the movie theater with non-English speaking viewers – a population previously isolated from the industry by various language barriers. Largely inspired by their childhood in a Polish-speaking household, where lingual differences posed a tangible challenge, the siblings developed a mobile app that collects audio tracks in multiple different languages, making them available in movie theaters worldwide.
# # #