Nick Cannon says he learned the hard way that he can’t run his body ragged, and he’s grateful for a new lease on life following his health scare this month.
“Alright, so, I’m back. I’m not dead!” Cannon, 31, tells fans with a laugh in a video posted to his website on Wednesday – before offering well-wishers his heartfelt thanks for their support in recent weeks.
“I appreciate all the love, all the concern, all the letters and emails and texts, people sending me flowers and stuff,” he says.
Cannon then explains a bit about his health scare, which had been described as “mild kidney failure.” He says poor diet and sleep habits, among other things, led to the problems.
“I did have some major issues with my kidneys, along with some other stuff. But really I had just overworked my body,” he says. “The doctors had to reboot my entire immune system, and I’m working through that now.”
He adds: “I feel like I’m 100 percent. A couple more procedures and things to go, but I’ll be fine.”
On the upside, Cannon says he has a renewed appreciation for his wife Mariah Carey, his family and fans, and says he is resolved to “making sure I stop and smell the roses, keeping my family first, loving my wife for taking care of me through all of this, enjoying my kids, and enjoying you guys.”
By Tim Nudd