The widespread appeal of SESAC Latina affiliates NICKY JAM and GENTE DE ZONA is clear as the two artists chalked up an impressive eight nominations in the 2016 Latin American Music Awards.
Like its sister program, the long-running American Music Awards, the Latin AMAs winners are selected via online voting from fans.
A multi-award winning pioneer of Latin urban music and prolific creator of #1 hits, NICKY JAM is a finalist in five categories:
- Artist of the Year
- Single of the Year, “Hasta el Amanecer” (“Until Dawn”)
- Favorite Collaboration “Te Busco” (I Look For You) ft. Cosculluela
- Favorite Urban Artist
- Favorite Song, “Hasta el Amanecer”
Meanwhile, the explosive Cuban duo GENTE DE ZONA is nominated for:
- Favorite Tropical Song, “Traidora” (Treasonous Woman) ft. Marc Anthony
- Favorite Tropical Album “Visualízate” (Visualize Yourself)
- Favorite Tropical Artist
As composers and performers, NICKY JAM and GENTE DE ZONA are doing everything right, dominating the upper reaches of the Billboard charts and touring to sold-out venues in the Americas and Europe.
GENTE DE ZONA is also confirmed as a performer for this gala ceremony, which is to take place Thursday, October 6, at the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood. It will be telecast internationally in real-time on Telemundo, which is also producing the event.