If you take anything away from this story, it’s this: Don’t leave a burning candle unattended!
Sharon Osbourne and hubby Ozzy had a frightful Thursday morning, when the couple realized that the living room in their Beverly Hills mansion was on fire after leaving a candle burning overnight.
Luckily, no one was badly injured, and Sharon explained what happened on The Talk earlier today.
Osbourne said that early this morning, she heard a sound that seemed like metal hitting the tile, which she assumed was the housekeeper dropping the keys, so she didn’t think anything of it.
Then, all of a sudden, Sharon said, “my eyes are stinging and my throat’s closing up something weird smelling in here, then my dogs started to bark, so I go out of the bedroom, I go downstairs and the whole living room—the candle had burst and the cracking sound was the glass in the candle exploding.”
Ozzy, who had surgery on his hand the day before, tried to use his own casted arm to help put it out and opened the doors, while Sharon went to get water.
“I go into the kitchen to get water and throw the water on it, with the doors open and the water it erupted! It erupted, Ozzy’s hair from here to here, gone,” she said. “And we are like two idiots, it was like The Three Stooges. Everything you are not meant to do—go to bed with candles alight, open the doors and put water on—we did it all.”
The experience wasn’t all bad, however,
“At 5 o’clock, the firemen came and they were gorgeous,” Osbourne quipped, “and I had my dressing gown on, and they laid me down on the front path, and they straddled me and they gave me mouth-to-mouth.”
They didn’t actually do that, but Sharon did want to “thank the firemen from Beverly Hills fire station cause you are magnificent.”
by Bruna Nessif