Six Flags on Thursday unveiled a series of new rides at its entertainment parks for 2017, including a new “thrill ride” at its park in Georgia.
The new ride is called Justice League: Battle for Metropolis and is described as “A 4D ride experience with wind, fire, mist and fog effects, plus life-like animatronic characters.”
According to the Los Angeles Times, Six Flags Great Adventure and Six Flags Magic Mountain also plan to introduce 3-D interactive dark rides for 2017.
“The rides, themed to the crime-fighting team of DC Comics superheroes, will feature motion-platform vehicles, animatronic figures and laser-gun game play. Along the way, riders will help Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman and Green Lantern face off against the Joker, Lex Luthor and other comic book villains in this ride designed by Florida-based Sally Corp.
Since 2015, identical Justice League attractions have been rolled at Six Flags Over Texas, Six Flags St. Louis, Six Flags Great America and Six Flags Mexico,” the newspaper said.
Six Flags said the ride was recently named by USA Today readers as one of the Top Ten New Amusement Park Attractions of the year and was most recently awarded the Brass Ring for “Best New Product in the World” by the International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions.
It also will include:
- A 22,000 square foot HALL OF JUSTICE to house this full-sensory thrill ride;
- A 4D ride experience with wind, fire, mist and fog effects, plus life-like animatronic characters;
- A dramatic fight as the JUSTICE LEAGUE Reserve Team travels through laughing gas and flames in 10 high-intensity scenes;
- One of the first-ever virtual loops, giving riders the feeling of going head-over-heels;
- High definition 3D animation that fully immerses riders into the city of Metropolis;
- State-of-the-art gaming elements; and
- 6-passenger vehicles with multi-degrees-of-freedom to transport riders through all the exciting twists and turns without limitations.
“2017 will be an exciting year, as the park will be looking back at its 50 year history and debuting one of the world’s best innovative and interactive attractions, as the park looks toward the future,” said Six Flags Atlanta Properties Park President Dale Kaetzel. “The entire family can now join the JUSTICE LEAGUE Reserve Team and battle the iconic DC Super-Villains together.”
Construction is underway.
By Mark Meltzer