This Summer kicked off a jammed-packed soccer season, which started with The FIFA Women’s World Cup taking place in France, the Copa America taking place in Brazil, and the CONCACAF Gold Cup which will host matches in the U.S., Jamaica and Costa Rica. With so many tournaments happening simultaneously, here are a few tips to keep up with the action:
SO MUCH SOCCER, SO LITTLE TIME – CHOOSING THE BEST MATCHES
Here is a quick breakdown of the best games (all times are in EST):
- Eighteen matches will take place between the opening of the FIFA Women’s World Cup and the beginning of the other two tournaments, but one “must watch” is the classic rivalry between England vs. Argentina, which will be on full display June 14 at 3 pm.
- Then, double down that same day and catch the Copa America kick off at 8:30 pm, where host country Brazil will meet Bolivia. Then, the action continues through the weekend with Colombia vs. Argentina on Saturday, June 15 at 3 pm. And, on Sunday, June 16, on the FIFA Women’s World Cup, USA will meet Chile at 12 pm.
- On June 17, check out one of the favorite female teams Germany meet South Africa at 12 pm.
- On June 19, it’s Mexico vs. Canada on the Gold Cup at 10:30 pm. Then, US vs. Sweden on the FIFA Women’s World Cup at 3 pm.
- On June 22 it’s the Peru vs. Brazil match-up on Copa America at 3 pm.
- On June 24 it’s Chile vs. Uruguay on Copa America at 7 pm.
- All three tournaments have simultaneous semifinals on Tuesday, July 2 at 3 pm for the FIFA Women’s World Cup, 8:30 pm for Copa America, and 9:36 pm and 10:36 pm for the Gold Cup.
- All the final matches will be on Sunday, July 7 at 11 am for the FIFA Women’s World Cup, 1 pm for Copa America, and 9:15 pm for the Gold Cup.
SNEEKING A PEEK – WATCHING WHILE AT WORK
Most of the games happen during work hours, but we have a quick fix for that, which won’t eat into your vacation time. If you can stream it, you can achieve it. Sneak a window on the corner of your computer screen or watch on your mobile to catch every play. If you’re an Xfinity user, the Xfinity Stream app delivers every game in real time, on-the-go, and while at home in your phone and computer. Moreover, you can receive notifications via email and/or text message alerting you on when your team is about to play, latest scores, and other notable moments.
CATCHING UP IS EASY
If you miss a game, just stay away from social media to avoid spoilers and watch the replays On Demand. If you have Xfinity, you can even watch the replays of the FIFA Women’s World Cup in 4K UHD to feel like you’re almost inside the game.
THE BEST WAY TO ENJOY THE GAMES
If you can, watch the FIFA Women’s World Cup in glorious 4K UHD. As an Xfinity customer you have the exclusive right to watch these games live, in Spanish- and English-language in this glorious definition. You can also kick back with the X1 Voice Remote and let it do the work for you. All you have to say to it is “soccer,” “Muéstrame futbol” or the name of the tournament you want to see, and it will take you right to the Sports Menu where you’ll find everything you need. Just save some of your voice for all that screaming you’ll be doing when the matches heat up.