Legendary and Warner Bros. (who we now know is the distributor, keeping up their deal now that Legendary severed their relationship with Universal) has given director Denis Villeneuve’s ‘Dune’ reboot a date of November 20, 2020. The ensemble is quite the sight as well!
The current cast and their roles, if all deals close:
- Timothee Chalamet as Paul Atreides
- Oscar Isaac as Duke Leto Atreides
- Rebecca Ferguson as Lady Jessica Atreides
- Stellan Skarsgard as Baron Harkonnen
- Dave Bautista as Rabban Harkonnen
- Charlotte Rampling as Reverend Mother Mohiam
- Jason Momoa as Duncan Idaho
- Josh Brolin as Gurney Halleck
- Javier Bardem as Stilgar
- Zendaya as Chani
Moreover, the premise is below:
“The complex story of a fallen noble family’s attempt to control a desert planet named Arrakis and its export, a rare spice drug, even as it is betrayed by a galactic emperor.”
Further, the Frank Herbert adaptation will begin filming this March. As a result, they will shoot in Budapest, Hungary, at Origo Films Studios and various parts of Jordan. In fact, Origo Films Studios marks a return for Villeneuve, who made ‘Blade Runner 2049’ there.
Also, the screenplay is by Villeneuve, Eric Roth (‘Forrest Gump,’ ‘A Star is Born’) and Jon Spaihts (‘Prometheus,’ ‘Doctor Strange’).
Again, Warner Bros. and Legendary finally gave a release date, November 20, 2020.