Celebrity news does not stop just because it’s the weekend.
Whether it was Morgan Freeman and Herman Cain engaging in some Tea Party talk or Lindsay Lohan exhibiting model behavior in Italy or Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux dropping major cash at a charity auction, there was plenty going on.
Missed this weekend’s hottest stories in entertainment? No worries, we’ve got it all right here…
• Tea Party Pooper: Morgan Freeman called the actions of the Tea Party “racist” for its efforts to oust President Barack Obama from office. Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain responded on Fox.
• Pretty, Pricey: Jennifer Aniston and her beau Justin Theroux picked up an expensive abstract art piece at a charitable auction in NYC for $450,000.
• Calling it Quits: Kat Von D and Jesse James ended their relationship yet again, with the LA Ink star revealing on her Facebook page that she is no longer in a relationship with Sandra Bullock‘s ex-hubby.
• Back to Reality: Speaking of calling it quits repeatedly, Jersey Shore‘s on-and-off couple Ronnie and Sammi told us they’re still together, and Snooki spoke out about her infamous on-screen make-out session with Deena.
• Naked Truth: Geo Godley, who made a name for himself when he dropped trou on The X Factor, is now claiming that he wasn’t entirely naked below the belt: He was wearing a G-string.
• Box Office King: The Lion King grabbed its second straight win at the box office this weekend, taking home $22.1 million. Brad Pitt‘s Moneyball came in second at $20.6 million, followed by Dolphin Tale at $20.3 million.
• Twitter Talk: Supernatural actor DJ Qualls alleged that he was beaten by police in Vancouver while he was in town shooting the CW show, then spilled the details via Twitter.