Too busy with that big 4th of July barbeque to catch up on the weekend’s entertainment news? No need to worry. We’ve got the latest on the celebrity couples that called it quits, Chord Overstreet‘s Glee dismissal and more, right here.
• Last things first. Or at least things that don’t last first. It was a weekend of divorce filings and finalizations: with Maria Shriver saying hasta la vista to her marriage with Arnold Schwarzenegger; Patricia Arquette and Thomas Jane finalizing their divorce; and Ryan Reynolds and Scarlett Johannson putting a bow on their split as well after two years of marriage.
• From Glee to glum: While Darren Criss and Harry Shum Jr. will be upgraded to series regular status when season three hits, Chord Overstreet got the boot from the prime-time songfest when his series-regular option was dropped.
• Star turns—and detours: The LAPD reached out to the likes of Ashton Kutcher, Lady Gaga and Demi Moore to tweet about the upcoming closure of the major 405 freeway in Los Angeles, which has been dubbed “Carmageddon.”
• Hot stuff!: Will.i.am escaped a fire at the Park Lane Hilton in London, after the blaze broke out in a second-floor kitchen.
• Cute on arrival: After announcing the adoption of her baby girl, Denise Richards resurfaced with Eloise Joni while running errands in Calabasas, Calif. Thursday, along with her bio daughters Sam and Lola Sheen.
• Revved up: Transformers: Dark of the Moon crushed the competition at this weekend’s box office, nabbing a whopping $97.4 million. Cars 2 and Bad Teacher followed with $25.1 million and $14.1 million, respectively.
• Royals on a roll: Prince William and Kate Middleton continued to make their way through Canada in style, mingling at a Canada Day celebration, planting a love tree in Ottawa, and participating in a cooking workshop in Montreal, among other things.
• Shore thing: Jersey Shore‘s Vinny Guadagnino has reportedly ditched the MTV show after getting into an altercation with one of his cast mates at their Seaside Heights digs.