It was all about the moms this weekend, with celebrities like Jessica Simpson, Jennifer Lopez and others tweeting “Happy Mother’s Day” messages to the masses. But, just in case you missed that, Avengers star Chris Hemsworth‘s baby news or Rosie Pope‘s TMI delivery, don’t fret.
We’ve got all the details on that, Will Ferrell‘s return to Saturday Night Live and much more, right here.
• Happy Mother’s Day: Stars celebrated Mother’s Day with touching tributes throughout the weekend, including Ben Affleck‘s video valentine to wife Jennifer Garner and his mom, along with various tweets and Facebook posts from the likes of Kim Kardashian, Jessica Simpson and more. Sofia Vergara‘s son, Manolo, also posted a YouTube video honoring his mom.
• Late-Night Laugher: Will Ferrell was on hand to host Saturday Night Live for the third time, bringing along SNL alums and celebs like Justin Bieber, Justin Timberlake and Usher to highlight the show’s 100th digital short, among other things.
• Bringing Home the Baby: Chris Hemsworth and Spanish actress Elsa Pataky welcomed their first child together, a baby girl named India Rose. The Snow White and the Huntsman actor also exclusively revealed the meaning behind his daughter’s name. Meanwhile Pregnant in Heels star Rosie Pope delivered a baby girl in New York City Sunday…and tweeted fans throughout her delivery process.
• Ballin’!: Stacy Kiebler chatted with us about what it was like to watch George Clooney and President Barack Obama play basketball together, after The Descendants star raised $15 million for Obama’s reelection campaign.
• Renewed: CBS picked up Two and a Half Men for its 10th season, following the notorious shake-up with Charlie Sheen, which resulted in Ashton Kutcher replacing him as the show’s star. Meanwhile, CSI: Miami, Unforgettable and A Gifted Man weren’t so lucky. The network gave all three shows the axe.
• Crushing the Box Office: The Avengers continued to kick butt in this weekend’s box office, taking home a massive $103.2 million. Dark Shadows and Think Like a Man followed with $28.8 million and $6.3 million, respectively.
• Sad News: Legendary Booker T. and the MGs bassist Donald “Duck” Dunn died in his sleep Sunday morning in Tokyo at the age of 70.
• Rocking Out: Justin Bieber, Kendall and Kylie Jenner, DJ Pauly D and many more flocked to Carson, Calif. for the KIIS-FM’s day-long summer concert, Wango Tango. Justin Bieber stole the spotlight and introduced his protégé and “Call Me Maybe” singer, Carly Rae Jepsen, onstage.
• Council Has Spoken: Kim Spradlin took home the million-dollar prize after winning Survivor: One World; for the first time in the show’s 24-season history, five women headed into the finale.
• End of an Era: After eight seasons, Desperate Housewives aired its series finale on Sunday night.