Celebs flocked to Coachella this weekend for a few days of uninhibited partying at the annual music festival in the California desert. But, in case you missed Katy Perry‘s new purple ‘do, or Lea Michele gushing over Cory Monteith via Twitter from the event, no need to worry.
We’ve got all the details on that, plus The Hunger Games‘ latest box office record, and more, right here!
• Box Office Bite: The Hunger Games took home the top spot in this weekend’s box office for the fourth straight week, raking in $21.5 million, followed by The Three Stooges with $17.1 million and The Cabin in the Woods at $14.9 million.
• Partying at Coachella!: A purple-haired Katy Perry, Gerald Butler, Paris Hilton and many more celebs partied the weekend away, hitting gifting lounges, concerts and after-parties at the music fest. Glee‘s on-and-off screen loves Lea Michele and Cory Monteith also made their Coachella rounds, hanging out together at the Lacoste L!ve pool party.
• McCartney’s Valentine: Natalie Portman and Johnny Depp teamed up with Paul McCartney, “singing” the lyrics to “My Valentine” in sign language for the ballad’s music video.
• Wedding Blessing: Even though Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie said they wouldn’t wed until everyone in America had the right to marry, LGBT advocacy organization Equality California gave the newly engaged couple their blessing to tie the knot.
• TV Land Awards: Beloved casts from the likes of In Living Color, Laverne & Shirley, and Murphy Brown were on hand for the 10th annual TV Land Awards Saturday in New York City, with In Living Color taking home the show’s Groundbreaking Award, among other big winners.
• Apologetic Tweets: After sparking a virtual feud with her daughter Frances Bean Cobain, Courtney Love apologized via Twitter for accusing Foo Fighters frontman Dave Grohl of hitting on her 19-year-old offspring.
• Robsten Reunites: Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart will soon head back to Vancouver to reshoot a few technical shots for Breaking Dawn Part 2, which is set to be released Nov. 16.
• Hall of Fame: Guns N’ Roses, The Beastie Boys, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Scottish folk icon Donovan, British group the Small Faces, guitarist Freddie King and late songwriter-singer Laura Nyro were all inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Saturday.
• Big Crash: Eddie Cibrian and Brody Jenner crashed their racecars into each other at the Toyota Pro/Celebrity Race Saturday in Long Beach. While the pair left the accident unscathed, it cost them both the race, with The Man Show‘s Adam Carolla taking home first place.
• Sad News: Bee Gees singer Robin Gibb fell into a coma after contracting pneumonia. The “Stayin’ Alive” singer, who has battled colon and liver cancer, was reportedly surrounded by family at his bedside in a London hospital.
• Saturday Night Laughter: Josh Brolin hit Saturday Night Live for his second time as host, battling Andy Samberg and Bill Hader with Steven Spielberg in Laser Cats 7 and impersonating Miami Marlins manager Ozzie Guillén.
• Tying the Knot: Lady Antebellum‘s Dave Haywood married Warner Bros. Records exec Kelli Cashiola Saturday on a private farm outside of Nashville.
• Back Together, Coachella Style:Chord Overstreet and Emma Roberts packed on the PDA at the Coachella Music Festival this weekend. The newly reunited couple got back together after splitting briefly in January and made no secret of their affection for each other.
• Tatted Up: Kelsey Grammer got a new tattoo on his hip in honor of his fourth wife, Kayte Walsh. The TV star inked his wife’s name on his waistline.
• Rebound Romance?: Seal shared a sweet smooch on the cheek with Nick Jonas‘ ex, Delta Goodrem at the 2012 Logie awards in Melbourne. The singer filed for divorce from Heidi Klum just last week.
•Brave Face: Jennifer Hudson was spotted out smiling in Los Angeles while filming a Weight Watcher’s commercial in the wake of her family’s murder trial. The jury has officially been selected for the Chicago trial and testimonies will begin next week.