Can you believe Christmas is over already?!
Just in case you were too busy really getting into the holiday spirit (like Hilary Duff) to catch up on Mel Gibson‘s $425 million reported divorce settlement payout, or Robert De Niro‘s surprising baby news, or which English royal had heart surgery, don’t worry.
We’ve got all the details on those stories and more, in a very special gift for you: our holiday weekend wrap-up.
• Historical Payout: Mel Gibson‘s ex-wife Robyn walked away with half of the actor’s reported $850 million fortune after their divorce was finalized Friday. The divorce settlement is believed to be the biggest in Hollywood history.
• Demi Slams Disney: Demi Lovato shot back at Disney after seeing a supposed joke about eating disorders on the show Shake it Up. “Dear Disney Channel, EATING DISORDERS ARE NOT SOMETHING TO JOKE ABOUT,” Lovato tweeted Friday.
• Diaper Duty: 68-year-old Robert De Niro and his 56-year-old wife, Grace Hightower De Niro, welcomed a daughter via surrogate recently. This is the second child for the couple, and the sixth for De Niro.
• X Factor Scoop: Brand new X Factor champ Melanie Amaro dished on winning the show’s $5 million record deal, saying “I felt as though I was hearing things..it shocked me a lot.”
• Finland Fallout: Shortly after Adam Lambert‘s alleged drunken bar fight with his reality star beau in Finland, the American Idol runner-up headed back to Twitter to provide even more explanation about the snafu.
• Xmas Baby Bumpin’: Hilary Duff got into the Christmas spirit with a hand-painted present on her pregnant belly, courtesy of her sister Haylie.
• Christmas in the Slammer: Teen Mom star Amber Portwood spent Christmas in jail after violating the terms of her probation. Portwood will remain behind bars until at least Jan. 27 because of her failure to comply with court-mandated requests like the completion of her GED.
• Fighting for Her Life: Etta James was hospitalized Wednesday after experiencing difficulty breathing. The “At Last” singer was placed on a breathing machine and was said to be resting as of Friday.
• Cut! (Literally): Filmmaker Baz Luhrmann was struck in the head by a crane on the set of The Great Gatsby. The Moulin Rouge director split his head open and received three stitches.
• Mission Accomplished: Mission: Impossible—Ghost Protocol topped this weekend’s box office, taking home $26.5 million, followed by Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows at $17.8 million and Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked, $13.3 million. (Oops! The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo finished fourth with $13 million.)
• On the Mend: Queen Elizabeth‘s husband, Prince Philip, is doing well and in “good spirits” after undergoing emergency surgery for a blocked coronary artery Friday. His grandchildren, including Princes William and Harry visited him in the hospital on Christmas Day.