Following a weekend of turkey dinners, Black Friday shopping shenanigans and Twilight time at the box office, it’s time for a huge helping of celebrity happenings, courtesy of our very own holiday weekend recap…
• Big Sister: Selena Gomez is going to be a big sister! Justin Bieber‘s lady announced that her mom is expecting a baby.
• Jest Kidding: Miley Cyrus cracked a joke on her birthday, and the comment lit up Twitter.
• Good Quote: Angelina Jolie told 60 Minutes that she’s a “still a bad girl.”
• Best Friends: Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux took her dog out for an afternoon stroll.
• Rapper Remembered: Heavy D was among those celebrated at the Soul Train Awards.
• Bat’s All Folks: Christian Bale has played the Caped Crusader for the last time, telling a newspaper The Dark Knight Rises will be the last time fans see him as Batman.
• Trouble for Twilight Fans?: A Breaking Dawn moviegoer complained that he had a seizure while watching Bella’s birthing scene due to its graphic nature.
• Bringing Home the Baby: Piers Morgan and wife Celia Walden welcomed a daughter earlier this week, while model Maggie Rizer and her hubby announced her delivery of a baby boy!
• Reason to “Smile”: Speaking of baby news, after previously suffering a miscarriage, Lily Allen reportedly welcomed a baby girl Friday in England.
• Getting Hitched: Dancing With the Stars contestant Chaz Bono popped the question to his longtime girlfriend Jennifer Ella on his OWN series, Being Chaz.
• Big Ballin’: While others were scrambling for deals on Black Friday, Paris Hilton scooped up a brand spanking new $300,000 Spyder Ferrari.
• Celebrity Vacay: George Clooney and Stacy Keibler ditched Hollywood for Cabo, spending Thanksgiving with Cindy Crawford and Molly Sims.
• Caught Canoodling: New couple Eva Mendes and Ryan Gosling were spotted getting cozy in Paris Saturday on a spooky date to the legendary Père Lachaise Cemetery.
• True Champion: Following his big win on Dancing With the Stars, J.R. Martinez received an invite from Defense Secretary Leon Panetta Friday, who asked the former war vet to meet him in person at the Pentagon.
• Not Ideal Idol: American Idol alums Lauren Alaina and Scotty McCreery had serious performance flubs on Thanksgiving, with Alaina forgetting the words to “The Star-Spangled Banner” and McCreery getting a late start lip-syncing at the Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade.
• Emergency Cancellation: George Michael officially shut down the remaining dates of his Symphonica European tour after being rushed to the hospital Wednesday.
• Breaking the Box Office:Breaking Dawn: Part 1 raked in $42 million at this weekend’s box office, followed by The Muppets at $13.4 million and Happy Feet Two at $13.4 Million.
• Real-Life Hero: Prince William helped save the lives of Russian seaman whose ship went down in the Irish Sea this weekend.
by Brandi Fowler