With the passing of Hurricane Sandy late last week, it’s no doubt Frankenstorm owned the weekend.
Everything from Saturday Night Live to East Coast-based celebs, like Michelle Williams and Jason Segel, were affected. All the while, the West Coast kept it mellow with the likes of Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart out supporting one another, and even Snooki going au naturale for the camera.
• Les more: Les Misérables fans were offered a glimpse into the film with two new posters revealing how Sacha Baron Cohen and Helena Bonham Carter will look in the Tom Hooper movie adaptation of the classic musical.
• Elton Wins: Elton John was declared the winner in a copyright case brought on by songwriter Guy Hobbs, who had sued the rose-colored glasses-wearer, claiming that his tune “Natasha” had been copied by John’s similarly titled 1985 hit “Nikita.”
• Sandy Night Live: While Hurricane Sandy blew through the East Coast, the storm didn’t fail to make material on Saturday Night Live with host Louis C.K. either. The night included skits shedding light on the disaster with Cecily Strong‘s take on sign-language translator Lydia Callis and Fred Armisen as Mayor Michael Bloomberg, of course.
• Robsten After Party: The back-together couple was spotted together at Kristen Stewart’s On The Road after party. But don’t get too excited—Robert Pattinson and K.Stew kept their distance respectively until leaving together just before 1 a.m.
• All Hail Eddie: Funny man Eddie Murphy was honored by Spike TV’s Eddie Murphy: One Night Only special, complete with toasts from pals like Samuel L. Jackson,Adam Sandler, Jamie Foxx and Russell Brand.
• Baby Bumpin: Supermodel Gisele Bunchen was spotted sunbathing in a bikini with her baby belly in Miami, Fla.
• Stalker Alert: Actor Jeff Goldblum‘s 50-year-old alleged stalker Linda Ransom was arrested for violating her restraining order and coming within 100 yards of the seminar-giving actor.
• Sandy Update: Michelle William‘s BFF Busy Phillips ensured us she and beau Jason Segel were safe and sound after their home took a beating from Hurricane Sandy. Meanwhile in Los Angeles, Adam Levine encouraged passersby to donate to Sandy relief efforts.
• Ferrell for President: Funnyman actor Will Ferrell lent his voice and comedic side to President Barack Obama in a hilarious campaign video, urging everyone to vote in exchange, Ferrell promised to do anything, including eating toenails!
• Say What?: Big Bang Theory creator Chuck Lorre started a Twitter war after declaring ABC’s The Bachelor franchise “idiotic.”
by Sierra Marquina