Saturday Night Live was on fire this week with a hilarious vice-presidential debate skit, and Christina Applegate was back to host the show after a 20-year hiatus!
But that wasn’t the only thing going down in entertainment news this weekend.
We’ve got all the details on Alfonso Ribeiro‘s wedding, Skyfall‘s early rave reviews and more, right here!
• Tying the Knot: Former Fresh Prince of Bel-Air star Alfonso Ribeiro married Angela Unkrich Saturday in California.
• Too Many Stars: Katy Perry, Carly Rae Jepsen, Tina Fey and many more celebs were on hand for Comedy Central’s Night of Too Many Stars benefit in New York City Saturday Night that raised funds for a variety of autism-education and family-service programs across the country.
• Saturday Night Laugher: Saturday Night Live took on the vice-presidential debate this week. Christina Applegate hosted the show for the second time, gave a spot-on Uma Thurman impression and showed off some singing chops.
• Surprise Appearance: Moviegoers at a West Hollywood theater Friday night were surprised when Brad Pitt showed up to talk about the war on drugs during a screening of the documentary The House I Live In.
• No Visitors: Police arrested a man who was found at Frances Bean Cobain‘s Los Angeles home.
• Flyin’ High: Former Austrian paratrooper Felix Baumgartner jumped from a space-balloon capsule more than 24 miles above the Earth.
• Wacky Celebrations: After child-neglect charges against her were dropped, “Octomom” Nadya Suleman celebrated at a nightclub in New York City, partying with drag queens and fake breast-feeding two baby dolls onstage.
• Rave Reviews: Skyfall won’t hit theaters in the U.S. until Nov. 9, but its already nabbing high praise from film critics, who released early reviews of the action flick this weekend.
• Have Mercy! Kim Kardashian showed off a sexy-cat costume on Twitter while she was out costume-shopping for Halloween this weekend.
• Taking the Box Office: Taken 2 topped this weekend’s box office for the second straight week with $22.5 million, followed by Argo at $20.1 million and Sinister at $18.3 million.
by Brandi Fowler