Oh, the joys of the weekend.
Not every celeb can rack up our most valuable partyer nod at the ripe old age of 65 (we’re looking at you, Bill Clinton), but if spending a couple of nights out on the town caused you to miss out on this weekend’s hottest entertainment stories, don’t stress. We’ve got all the deets on Clinton’s three-day party, Nikki Reed‘s nuptials, Robert Downey Jr.‘s attempt to champion Mel Gibson‘s career and more, right here.
• Here Comes the Bride: Twilight star Nikki Reed wed American Idol alum Paul McDonald Sunday at a private ceremony in Malibu.
• Headling Bill: Lady Gaga, Usher, Ashton Kutcher and attended former President Clinton’s A Decade of Difference concert Saturday to celebrate the politico’s 65th birthday and honor the’s 10-year mark.
• To Mel and Back: Although Robert Downey Jr. was being honored at the American Cinematheque tribute Friday night, he turned the gala into an opportunity to try to restore Mel Gibson’s reputation in Hollywood, telling the crowd “You should forgive him and let him work again.”
• Charming Nuptials: Shannen Doherty tied the knot Saturday with photographer Kurt Iswarienko in Malibu. This is the third trip down the aisle for the former Charmed star, whose wedding was filmed for her upcoming reality show, The Shannen Doherty Project.
• Calling it Quits: Sonic Youth rockers Kim Gordon and Thurston Moore are separating after 27 years of marriage.
• Box Office Steel: Real Steel taking home the top spot in this weekend’s box office with $16.3 million, followed (closely) by Footloose at $16.1 million and The Thing with $8.7 million.