Whitney Houston is finally resting in peace, following her star-studded church memorial Saturday and burial service Sunday, just a week after the legendary performer was found dead in her Beverly Hilton Hotel room on the eve of the Grammys.
But if you missed Houston’s touching and emotional “home going” service, no worries. We’ve got all the details on that and all the weekend’s news, right here.
• Resting in Peace: Following an emotional funeral service Saturday, with the likes of Alicia Keys, Stevie Wonder, Kevin Costner, Clive Davis and more paying tribute to the late Houston, the legendary singer was laid to rest at Fairview Cemetery beside her father Sunday.
• Special Tribute: Shortly after Bobby Brown left Whitney Houston’s funeral early due to a seating issue, the New Edition singer took the stage with his group in Connecticut, and said “Blessings to my ex-wife Whitney Houston. I love you.”
• Tying the Knot: Former Utah kidnap victim Elizabeth Smart married her beau of one year, Matthew Gilmour, Saturday in an intimate ceremony on the island of Oahu.
• Box Office: Denzel Washington‘s Safe House remained at the top of the box office this weekend, taking home $24 million, followed by romantic flick The Vow at $23.6 million and Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance at $22 million.
• Big Milestone: The Simpsons celebrated its 500th episode, making it TV’s longest-running sitcom with 22-plus years in the biz.
• Funny Lady: Bridesmaids star and Saturday Night Live alum Maya Rudolph hosted the late-night show for the first time, taking on the likes of Beyoncé, Maya Angelou and Michelle Obama. Justin Timberlake and Amy Poehler also made special appearances on the show.