The Yankee Candle Company, Inc., the world’s largest manufacturer of premium scented candles, today announced the launch of two new fragrances and the return of three favorites in its popular limited edition Man Candles collection. Two new fragrances, MMM, Bacon! and Movie Night™, join Man Town™, First Down™ and Riding Mower™. The collection, launched last year to tremendous response, was created uniquely for men to be enjoyed in their “man town,” whether that is the den, the basement or even the garage. These limited edition fragrances will be available for purchase starting in May at more than 557 Yankee Candle retail stores, www.yankeecandle.comand select specialty retailers and gift shops. To celebrate the arrival of the collection, Yankee Candle is simultaneously launching a series of social media contests, offering consumers the chance to win samples of the Man Candles II collection. The brand is also encouraging fans to share their excitement on Facebook and Twitter by using the hashtag #MMMBacon.
MMM, Bacon! and Movie Night™ are now part of one of the most successful launches in the brand’s history. Over 10% of Retail sales were contributed to Man Candles during the period of time they were in store after the launch and the line was covered in more than 400 media outlets in just two weeks. The brand also experienced a 167% increase in unique visitors to its website over the same timeframe the previous year, with a 222% increase of new visitors. Yankee Candle is hoping to build on this success with the addition of two distinctive and beloved scents, bacon and buttered popcorn.
“The novelty of the original Man Candles collection proved to be a huge hit with our consumers, so it was important to incorporate additional fun fragrances for this Father’s Day,” said Hope Margala Klein, executive vice president, brand, innovation and merchandising for The Yankee Candle Company, Inc. “Based on feedback from last year’s record-breaking launch, these new scents were a must-have for the collection, especially with bacon poised to be this season’s hot trend. Who doesn’t love the smell of bacon?”
– Mouth-watering fragrances and the fresh scent of the outdoors will brighten any man cave.
Price: $2.99 MSRP – $27.99 MSRP ($27.99 MSRP – Large Jar; $17.99 MSRP – Tumbler; $2.99 – Novelty Car Jar®)
TWO NEW FRAGRANCES:
– The undeniably mouth-watering aroma of sizzling hickory smoked bacon.
– It doesn’t matter what’s playing … the enticing aroma of hot, freshly buttered popcorn is the feature attraction.
THREE RETURNING FRAGRANCES:
First Down™ — This combination of orange, patchouli, vetiver and leather is as exciting as game day.
Riding Mower™ — Hot sun. Cool breeze. And the intensely summery scent of freshly cut grass.
Man Town™ — Escape to the man cave with this masculine blend of spices, woods and musk.
To build on the excitement around the return of Man Candles the company is running a series of social media contests beginning immediately that will run through June. The contests help consumers celebrate the new scents and honor Dad for Father’s Day:
- Man Candles Match Game (5/13 – 6/16): Consumers will be able to play in a matching game on a Facebook tab on Yankee Candle’s fan page. The images will change weekly, and fans who play the game and successfully match all cards will receive a coupon for $5 off one Man Candle online; plus, one randomly selected winner each week will win a set of the Man Candles Collection. Fans can play the game as many times as they like; the $5 off offer can’t be combined with any other offer and is only allowed on one candle per order.
- Famous Dads (6/3 – 6/16): Yankee Candle is asking its Facebook and Twitter fans to share what makes their dad, husband, uncle, or brother famous along with the hashtag [#dadwantsbacon]. On Instagram, entrants will be encouraged to upload a photo of their dad that illustrates what makes him special. One winner from each platform (chosen at random) will win candle(s) from the Man Candles Collection.
Get a sneak peek at new, mouth-watering MMM, Bacon! and Movie Night™ with our “Man Candles Collection” video. To learn more about Yankee Candle’s limited edition Man Candles collection, visit www.yankeecandle.com or join the conversation on Facebook at facebook.com/TheYankeeCandleCompany or on Twitter (@theyankeecandle, #MMMBacon).
About The Yankee Candle Company The Yankee Candle Company, Inc. is the leading designer, manufacturer, wholesaler and retailer of premium scented candles, based on sales, in the giftware industry. Yankee Candle has a 43-year history of offering distinctive products and marketing them as affordable luxuries and consumable gifts. The Company sells its products through a North American wholesale customer network of approximately 35,000 store locations, a growing base of Company owned and operated retail stores (557 Yankee Candle Stores located in 46 states and 1 province in Canada as of March 30, 2013), direct mail catalogs, and its Internet website ( www.yankeecandle.com ). Outside of North America, the Company sells its products primarily through its subsidiary, Yankee Candle Company (Europe), Ltd., which has an international wholesale customer network of approximately 6,100 store locations and distributors covering a combined 56 countries.
SOURCE The Yankee Candle Company, Inc.